Sunday, September 03, 2006

Thank-you Heather

Here's a photo of me giving a speech in Amharic--the second speech I've made in the language. It appears from the photo, taken by Heather (there's a link to her blog at left), that either the content of the speech or my brutal pronounciation is particularly hilarious. All this to say that I think it's pretty indicative of something...
Coming up this week is a long version (sorry Julie!) of an interview I did with Quantic. Sure, I may have forced him to talk a little excessively about Ethiopia, but those who know me, you gots to know I've got a little thing for that country and any one who happens to have visted there. Any opportunity to talk about it...gawd, if this blog is any indication, I should perhaps keep my flaming mouth shut. You'll again witness this particular problem I have probably on Thursday or Friday. Until such time, buy Quantic's new album, or any of his albums, or Mulatu Astetke's albums. They're all quite great.

2 comments:

HP said...

So pleased to rate not only a mention but a link! I've also realized that with your Amheric experience and fluency you could be prime recruitment candidate for CIA. Watch out on upcoming trip for any mysterious men/women/children sidling up to you and slipping a piece of paper covered in code....unless it is signed 'issa'.

j said...

you sound like you lead an interesting life.