Thursday, May 19, 2005

Yet another reason I need to plan a trip to London soon...


The last time I was in London was in late June of last year. Disclaimer-pardon the pretentious jet-setting mentioned in the next sentence. I was on my way to Ethiopia and I stopped in for a bit to see my pals Joel and Dave. In the first hour I was in London I proceeded to leave my passport, all my identification, my credit cards and about 75 bucks on the tube. I've been told I should thank His Imperial Majesty, because, after crying my eyes out to the lovely fellow at Hammersmith station for a good half hour, someone had located my bag at Northfields.

Anyhow, my point is that though I'm an idiot, there are most certainly some fine folks in London and some of them are throwing a special version of their already special regular party, Heatwave vs Mas Fuego. Along with the usual mish-mash of dancehall, reggaeton, r'n'b, soca, Latin hip hop, reggae and zouk courtesy of resident DJs Heatwave (Punchline Records), Lubi (Nascente Records) and MDK (Twice as Nice), we gots some women holding it down: Lady Chann (Suncycle - dancehall/bashment), Criola aka Gemini (Latin Clan - reggeaton/R'n'B), No Lay (Unorthodox - grime/garage) and DJ Lexy Lu (Rethink London).

C'mon, if Time Out says these folks are "exciting new luminaries", dontcha wanna be there? Just don't forget your shit on the tube on the way over to Whitechapel-I've got a feeling that Jah's probably tired of locating the personal effects of scatterbrained music fans.

Just in case you need directions:
Friday 20th May 2005 @ The Rhythm Factory
16-18 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1EW
Tube: Aldgate East / Whitechapel
Buses: 25, 205, 254, N25, N106, N205 & N254
9pm-4am > £5 before 11pm/NUS > £8 otherwise

No comments: